- As further described in the Terms, the Platform is intended for users aged 18 and older. We will not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information (as defined below) from a child younger than 13 years of age (a “Child”). In addition, we will delete any information in our databases that we know originates from a Child in accordance with the Terms.
- Who We Are. For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation, the data controller of your personal information is Radish Media, Inc.
- Must-Read Sections. We draw your attention in particular to the sections entitled “International Use” and “Your Rights Regarding What we Collect.”
3. What We Collect. There’s a range of information we need to collect about you so that we can operate Radish. This information may include:
- Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, your Internet protocol (IP) Address, and certain geographic data (“Personal Information”). If you provide it, then this information may also include your name and username. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personal Information that you submit to us. We also collect Non-Personal Information. “Non-Personal Information” means information that is anonymous or we cannot easily use to personally identify you or contact you, including, without limitation, your web or mobile browser type, mobile carrier, operating system, hardware device type, the URL of the previous website you visited and upon leaving the Platform, and the URL of the next website you go to.
- Cookies. Radish requires that Cookies be enabled on your device(s) so that we can identify you as a repeat visitor or customer and maintain session information for logged-in users. When you visit the Platform, create an Account, or download or purchase Works or Services from us, we may set Cookies on your computer or device. Cookies are small data files stored on your device by a website. Cookies are useful for gathering information, such as usage trends and patterns, so that we may better understand your use of the Platform, and manage and optimize the Platform for users. If you use our Platform from a mobile device, that device may send us data about your physical location, which we will get your separate permission for before Radish collects information about your precise location. Most devices allow you to prevent location data from being sent to us and we honor your settings upon your action of revoking your consent through the settings on your device.
- Newsletters. At various times we may ask you to provide us Personal Information in order to receive recurring informational or promotional newsletters via email, or otherwise through mobile applications, from us and/or directly from third parties (“Newsletters”). When you sign up for Newsletters, or at any time you use the Platform thereafter, you unsubscribe from Newsletters by following the directions included in the Newsletter or by visiting your Account. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out and unsubscribe requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may use Non-Personal Information to conduct research surveys, including, without limitation, through email invitations, pop-up surveys, and online focus groups (each a, “Survey”) for our internal use. If you submit Personal Information in a Survey, we or authorized third parties may use it for research and measurement purposes related to the Platform. When a Survey collects Personal Information we will not knowingly accept participants who are under the age of 13, and will treat any such information in accordance with the terms and conditions herein and in the Terms. Surveys conducted by or on behalf of us will contain a link to the Terms. If your browser is not enabled to accept Cookies, you may not be able to participate in a Survey.
4. Your Rights Regarding What We Collect.
- If at any time you would like to close your Account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal Information will be removed from our active user database and will be deleted as long as you are current with all payment obligations owed to and we do not believe it reasonably necessary to retain such information for any pending legal action or other legal obligation. We will only keep Personal Information for a limited period of time as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, and enforce our Terms.
- Please be aware that in the event of Account closure, any unfulfilled sales or subscriptions may be cancelled without refund and it is your responsibility to request a refund from applicable third party merchants or vendors, which may be a Payment Processor, such as contacting Apple for a refund through the Apple App Store or Google for a refund through the Play Store. In the event such applicable third party grants a refund, the refund may be charged back to you through the Platform, subject to the terms and conditions between Radish and such third parties. For the avoidance of doubt, you understand and acknowledge that Radish does not directly handle refunds.
5. Use of Collected Information. Radish may access, store, and otherwise use Personal Information and Non-Personal Information (collectively, “Collected Information”) in the following ways:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Platform.
- To create your account, identify you as a user, and customize Radish for your account.
- To send you promotional communications. These may include the deals email, alerts related to authors you follow, social notifications, surveys, or other newsletters depending on your settings. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.”
- To send you administrative communications. These may include administrative emails, confirmations, technical notices, updates, and security alerts.
- To respond to your comments and questions and provide you with user support.
- To track and measure Radish’s advertising.
- To process payments you make via Radish, which as of the date of this Policy, we do not do directly, but only through third party processors.
- To reply to support requests and other inquiries, to deliver our products and services, and to provide product information and news.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To prevent an emergency, to enforce the rights of a third party, or as required by law.
6. How We Share Collected Information. We may share your Collected Information as follows:
- Third Parties Designated By You. We may share your personal information with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- Our Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers, who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure, email delivery, and other similar services. We require that our third-party service providers use your Personal Information only to provide the services we've requested. We may also share the Collected Information to third parties who Radish is negotiating a business dealing with, selling or distributing publications or other products or services to, including, without limitation, the Works found on the Platform, in connection with or as is necessary to fulfill requests for products, programs or services, or to satisfy other core business functions. This includes, without limitation, literary publishers, distributors, and other similar merchants in the literary and distribution industries.
- Corporate Restructuring. We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- Other Disclosures. We may share personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
7. Data Retention
- We retain Personal Information while your Account is active, not closed, as needed to provide you access to the Platform, and as otherwise stated herein.
- Some information you have shared with others on the Platform may, and will likely, remain visible after you close your Account, such as message board postings, any communications you have with other users of the Platform, and certain Submissions. In addition, your Account page may appear to others until their respective cache is refreshed. You understand and agree that in the event you terminate your Account, Radish shall have no obligation to delete any public comments, reviews, message board postings, or the like you make and post to the Platform, even if such material contains Personal Information, as Radish cannot reasonably anticipate, and is generally unaware, of what you are actually contributing to the Platform or including on the Platform. Nonetheless, please contact Radish at email@example.com and Radish, in Radish’s sole and reasonable discretion, may assist you in deleting such content.
- We are not responsible for the actions of others, as further outlined in the Terms. You should not assume that your Personal Information, or any other communication you post or add to the Platform will be kept private. We do not control information that other users of the Platform have copied out of our Platform.
9. International Uses.
- As further described in the Terms, the Platform is directed to, and is for use by, only users in the United States. Please be aware, if you use the Platform outside of the United States, that any information Radish collects may be transferred to, stored, and/or processed in the United States or may be sent back out of the United States to your country of residence or elsewhere in the normal course of Radish providing the Platform. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Radish may transfer any information or data to any other country in which Radish chooses to operates in the future.